Licensed Nurse Assistant
Division: Well being Occupations
SCC Pathways are designed that will help you create an academic plan with related and relatable programs to fill your schedule. Click on beneath to entry a map.
This program, authorised by the Missouri Division of Well being and Senior Companies (DHSS), supplies the instruction and on-the-job coaching required to grow to be a Licensed Nurse Assistant (CNA) within the state of Missouri. This system teaches fundamental nursing expertise, resident rights, security, communication strategies and an infection management. CNAs are eligible for employment in nursing houses, hospitals, residence care businesses and physician’s places of work.
There are three totally different parts that make up the CNA Program and St. Charles Group Faculty presents two of them: class instruction and scientific internship. The state certification examination is coordinated and proctored via an outdoor company. College students should full all three parts with a view to be licensed within the state of Missouri.
For extra data, please go to our Often Requested Questions Internet web page.
Class Instruction (CNA 100)
Dates: Sept. 25 – Nov. 19
Registration Deadline: Sept. 8 (until class fills previous to that date)
E-book: Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: Lengthy-Time period Care, fifth Version (ISBN #978-1604251371) AND Workbook for Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: Lengthy-Time period Care, fifth Version (ISBN #978-1604251388) **Each can be found on the SCC Campus Bookstore together with different guide sellers, together with Amazon**
This class instruction supplies the 75 hours of preparation required by DHSS. Courses are held ONLINE ONLY via Canvas (SCC’s academic platform). College students will need to have a mixed common of 80% on all exams to move the classroom portion of this system.
- Have to be no less than 18 years of age
- Should have acceptable background screening from the Missouri Household Care Security Registry (https://well being.mo.gov/security/fcsr/) (no older than 90 days at time of registration)
- Should apply to St. Charles Group Faculty: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Full earlier than registration:
- Faculty Software: all college students should apply to St. Charles Group Faculty previous to registering for sophistication. Please full and submit the applying right here: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Objects due throughout registration:
- Acceptable background screening outcomes from the Household Care Security Registry (https://well being.mo.gov/security/fcsr/) (no older than 90 days at time of registration) – this paperwork may be emailed to [email protected] as soon as the beneath registration type is accomplished.
Registration may be carried out:
- Click on the hyperlink to register on-line: https://varieties.workplace.com/r/mdeCSVkuiR
- If wanted, registration may also be carried out in-person on the Dardenne Creek Campus (1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) – workplace hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuition will probably be due inside two enterprise days of your registration being processed. Cost data will probably be communicated through the enrollment course of.
Scientific Internship (CNA 102)
The scientific internship supplies the 100 hours of on-the-job coaching required for CNA certification within the state of Missouri. College students are eligible to register for this element over the past two weeks of sophistication instruction and MUST be registered by the the final day of sophistication. College students will start their scientific hours the week after class ends.
Enrollment within the classroom portion of the CNA program doesn’t assure acceptance into the scientific internship.
Previous to starting their scientific hours, college students will probably be required to finish and move a urine drug screening (carried out at a facility designated by SCC) and attend a scientific orientation. Info and required paperwork will probably be offered to the scholar through the scientific registration course of.
College students who’re employed at a State of Missouri authorised coaching web site (these are Intermediate or Expert Care Amenities) could elect to do their scientific coaching via their employer. On this case, college students might want to coordinate with their facility to finish the required hours. (Please notice: Not all amenities are authorised to do that coaching – please examine together with your Administrator to confirm eligibility.)
Throughout scientific registration, college students can have the chance to decide on one of many following schedules:
- Monday – Friday (5 days per week)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday (three days per week)
- Tuesday/Thursday (two days per week)
Most schedules are day shifts (approx. 7am – 3pm), however we could have some restricted night shifts every semester (approx. 3 – 11pm). Night shift availability will not be assured.
*Please notice St. Charles Group Faculty solely companions with particular intermediate/expert care amenities inside the St. Charles County metropolitan space (St. Charles County, Lincoln County, St. Louis County/Metropolis). We can’t place college students at amenities outdoors this space.*
- Have a mixed common of 80% on all classroom exams
- Full and move a urine drug screening at a chosen facility (paperwork offered throughout scientific registration)
- Have a present flu vaccine and have the ability to present documentation (Sept-March).
- Have unfavourable 2-step TB check outcomes (no older than one yr on the time of registration)
- Have been vaccinated in opposition to Covid-19 and supply documentation.
Present the next previous to or at time of registration:
- Damaging 2-step TB assessments (no older than one yr on the time of registration)
- Covid-19 Vaccine Documentation
- Flu shot documentation (Sept. – March)
Closing Examination (state certification)
The state certification examination is accomplished via a third-party vendor (Headmaster). Info on how one can register and pay for this examination will probably be offered in school.
This can be a non-credit, certificates course. Tuition and costs are due at time of registration and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Tuition and schedules for the CNA program are topic to vary with out discover. Please examine this Internet web page continuously to remain up to date on any modifications made.
Within the state of Missouri, nursing assistants earn a imply common of $25,360 per yr. Supply: Bureau of Labor Statistics
In keeping with the U.S. Division of Labor, earnings enhance considerably as a employee’s diploma of schooling rises.