If you want to be successful in life, it is crucial to pay attention to your communication skills. Strong communication skills not only help you perform well in your career and secure good jobs, but they also enable you to ascend to the highest ranks of leadership in enterprises, companies, and civic life.
According to statistics, 86% of employees cite the lack of effective communication as the root cause of failures in the workplace. Research has shown that the productivity of a business can increase up to 30% when employees possess better technology and communication skills.
Unfortunately, presentation and communication skills are often not given much attention in primary or secondary education. Even if they are taught, they are not always taught effectively. This results in many students with weak communication skills having stagnant careers. In this article, we have compiled a list of the best 15 free communication skills courses that can help you improve your communication and deliver confidently. So, let’s get started.
1. Communication Foundations Course by Tatiana Kolovou via LinkedIn
Communication skills are key to career prospects. If you want to bring value to your company, work hard on your way of conveying.
- This course will help you communicate effectively in various professional situations such as meetings, emails, presentations, and pitches.
- In this course, the instructor will introduce you to the four fundamental blocks of communication and their application in different situations.
- This course is for anyone who wants to communicate effectively and convey their message in a professional manner.
2. Improving Communication Skills Course by University of Pennsylvania via Coursera
This course is all about communicating effectively in the workplace and achieving your desired goals.
- This course is a part of a specialization namely “Achieving Personal and Professional Success Specialization”.
- The best thing about this course is that it offers tools and successful strategies to its learners so that they can use them to their advantage.
- The learners will learn to create persuasive messages and some best methods of communication used for negotiations.
- The learners will be able to respond strategically, and they shall have developed critical communication skills by the end of this course.
3. Essential Communication Skills for Professionals by Alex Lyon via SkillShare
This short course “Essential Communication Skills for Professionals” is a complete package that includes all the necessary communication skills for professionals.
- In this course, you will have a brief overview of communication, then you will be taught ways to improve your listening skills, followed by collaborative relationships and action plans.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to communicate more briefly and clearly. Also, you will be able to take an initiative toward collaborative problem-solving.
4. Communicating with Confidence by Jeff Ansell via LinkedIn
The key skill required in any business is effective oral communication. If you are afraid of speaking in public, then this course “Communicating with Confidence” is just for you.
- You will learn how to hone your message the right way and be able to confront your anxiety through this course.
- The best thing about this course is that it offers real-world coaching exercises, which will enable you to bring your acquired techniques into action.
- This course is for anyone who is afraid of speaking in public and wants to overcome this anxiety.
5. The Complete Communication Skills Master Class for Life by TJ Walker via Udemy
If you wish to expand your leadership qualities by communicating effectively, then this course is just for you.
- The Complete Communication Skills Master Class for Life is a one-stop shop that covers all the necessary training regarding communication.
- By the end of this course, you will dominate in assertiveness, persuasion, and business communication.
- What makes this course our choice is the fact that it offers profound training techniques, unlike any other course.
- This course is for all the ambitious people who want to stand out in their business and personal communication.
6. English Communication Skills Certification Class by Georgia Tech via Coursera
Be a more competitive individual by improving your English through this Specialization.
- This specialization allows you to have successful business dealings by improving your professional English communication.
- The courses in this specialization emphasize all areas of communication, such as email writing, oral communication, online networking, and presentations.
- This course is for anyone who wants to speak fluently in English.
7. Robin Roberts Effective Communication Course by Robin Roberts via MasterClass
Learn the powerful techniques of communication from one of the most beloved broadcasters today.
- In this course, you will learn to be more resilient, communicate confidently, and live life positively.
- The best thing about this course is that it is taught by a famous anchor who can create memorable moments through human connections.
- For all the learners who want to learn with fun and joy, this course is a must for you.
8. MIT Interpersonal Communication: Strategies for Executives by MIT via getSmarter
This engaging executive class will help you develop the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse team and understand how to manage and motivate the workforce in the modern business environment.
- The reason why we chose this course is its focus on providing research and practice-based methods that can help you craft communication deliverables using the RELATE Framework.
- This course is for those who wish to learn to engage with different audiences and understand how to apply a strategic communication lens to understand machines in the corporate context.
9. Professional Communication and Office Management by University of Cape Town via getSmarter
In this class, the instructor will help you understand how to develop the skills and knowledge required to thrive in a key administrative and operational role.
- The best thing about this class is its focus on explaining all about document, meeting, diary, and petty cash management and how to communicate meticulously in a modern professional environment.
- This class is for those who wish to understand how to structure a business letter, plan company travel arrangements, and so much more in detail.
10. Advanced Agile Communication Skills for 21st Century Leaders by Leadapreneur Academy via Udemy
Discover the key secrets of leaders in the 21st century by attending this course. It is a next-generation course based on communication and control.
- In this course, you will learn how advanced communication skills organize the flow of information in an organization. You will master the 5 vital features of goal setting: planning, communication, implementation, and learning.
- The best thing about this course is that it will prepare you to enter the industry by teaching you to lead through communication.
- This course is mainly designed for managers, entrepreneurs, and senior leaders.
11. Communication Skills, Conversation Skills, Social Skills, Charisma & Self-Esteem – 5 Courses in 1! by Dean Mack via SkillShare
Become a great conversationalist by enrolling in this 5-in-1 course. This course offers all the vital skills you need to have a flawless conversation.
- You will learn in detail about communication skills, social skills, self-esteem, charisma, and conversation skills.
- What makes this course somewhat attractive is the fact that it includes humor in its fifth course “how to be funny”. So, the classes will be lively, and learning will be easier.
- By the end of this course, you will have developed skills in business communication, visual communication, personal development, and leadership.
12. Top Communication Skills Courses via Udemy
Udemy offers numerous courses on communication skills and personal development. Whether you want to speak clearly and confidently or learn advanced agile skills in communication, Udemy has courses for you.
13. Communication Skills Machine: Master Persuasion and Influence for Entrepreneurship, Business, & Life [No longer Available]
Do you wish to position yourself as an authority figure and persuade people through influential communication? If yes, then Communication Skills Machine is the right course for you.
- It is a complete course that helps people become persuasive and influential communicators.
- The unique thing about this course is its proven “Communication Skills Machine methodology,” which will help you become a successful communicator in practical life.
- This course is ideal for entrepreneurs, sales individuals, and professionals who want to get people to listen to them.
14. Free Online Communication Training via SkillShare
Double your assertiveness and confidence by enrolling in various courses on communication skills offered by SkillShare. SkillShare courses aim to make their learners speak confidently. Whether you want to have effective verbal communication or emerge as a leader, SkillShare has a variety of courses covering different areas of communication.
15. Communication Courses for All via LinkedIn Learning
If you wish to improve your communication skillset, then you must take a look at the list of different courses that LinkedIn Learning has to offer. From communication foundations to interpersonal communication, emotional intelligence to business etiquette; LinkedIn Learning has a vast list of influential courses that can help you with your speaking, writing, and listening skills. This platform has every type of course for you.
Effective communication is significant to the success of individuals in their personal and professional lives. As stated by Paul J. Meyer:
Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.
Therefore, it is essential to strive to improve your verbal and written skills by enrolling in any of the above-mentioned courses. Let these courses be your stepping stones to becoming an effective and confident communicator.
Remember, good communication skills will not only help you succeed in your career but also in your relationships and personal growth.