Effective Date: 1/9/2019
Prior to using the websites of Greenheart International or submitting any personal information, please read this privacy notice. This notice outlines how Greenheart International collects, uses, and discloses Personally Identifying Information (PII) or Personal Data (referred to as “Personal Information”) from users. It also applies to any related paper forms.
Greenheart International reserves the right to make changes to these practices at any time. Any updates will be posted with the date of the change. We recommend reviewing this privacy notice regularly to ensure understanding of how Personal Information is collected, used, and disclosed.
Purpose of Information Collection
The Personal Information you provide to us is used for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling specific requests or providing requested services or information
- Compliance with legal requirements and protecting our legal rights
- Improving programs and services
- Any other purposes for which you have given express permission
We may use non-Personal Information for additional reasons, as described in the remainder of this privacy notice.
If you contact us by email, your comments may be retained for future reference.
Types of Information We Collect
Greenheart International collects Personal Information, which is information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate an individual. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Username and password for our websites
- Credit card and other payment information, as well as financial and economic information
- Social Security number or other government-issued identification number
- IP addresses
- Telephone number
- Social media account names
- Passport number or other travel-related information
- Personal interests and activities
- Health-related information
- Family history
- Religious and philosophical affiliation
- Gender and/or sex
- Date of birth and/or birthday
- Country of citizenship
- Work and volunteer history
- Family information (names, email, phone numbers)
- Photographs and videos
- Education information (school attended, diplomas, transcripts)
- Extra-curricular activities
Greenheart International also collects other information related to individuals, but that does not directly identify them. Examples include clickstream data, web-browsing information, and information about your computer, device, internet connection, and geographic location.
Methods of Personal Information Collection
We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Registration on our websites or submission of inquiries
- Completion and submission of paper or electronic forms associated with Greenheart International
- Email correspondence or use of other website features to contact or interact with us
- Telephone contact regarding Greenheart International
- Automatic collection when visiting our websites (note that the only Personal Information automatically collected is your IP address, which is only considered Personal Information in specific circumstances)
Sharing of Information
We may share information collected from Greenheart International websites with governmental agencies or other companies that assist us in providing services. This may occur in the following situations:
- When permitted or required by law
- When applying for or assisting with the necessary documentation for participation in our programs
- Interacting with third parties involved in our programs, products, and services
- Protecting against or investigating fraud or unauthorized transactions
Information shared under these circumstances will not be used for marketing purposes by those receiving it, unless authorized by the user.
Third-party service providers that support the operation of Greenheart International websites may have access to information you provide us to the extent necessary to service the websites.
In the event of a sale or transfer of our assets, we reserve the right to transfer information obtained from or about you.
We are not liable for security breaches or the actions of any third parties who receive information from us.
Greenheart International websites are hosted and maintained in the United States of America. Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, including the United States. Details on the mechanism of transferring personal data outside the EU can be obtained by contacting us. If your Personal Information is transferred outside the European Economic Area to third-party service providers, we will ensure the same level of protection as within the European Economic Area, using European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses or certification schemes such as the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Cookie/Tracking Technology – Use of Non-Personal Information
Greenheart International websites utilize cookie and tracking technology to gather non-Personal Information. This information helps us understand how our users utilize our services and resources. It allows us to identify areas of improvement and technological preferences of our users. Personal Information cannot be collected through cookies and tracking technology. However, if you have previously provided Personal Information, cookies may be associated with that information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties, but it does not personally identify individual website users. Our web servers do not record visitor email addresses unless the visitor submits the information. We may determine the available technology through your browser to provide the most suitable webpage version. Greenheart International uses Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Gravity Forms, Yoast, Formstack, Calendly, GoOverseas, and other web traffic tracking tools.
Links to Other Websites
Greenheart International websites may include links to external websites for convenience purposes. We do not control, endorse, or review the privacy notices of these websites, which may differ from our own. Before disclosing Personal Information, we recommend reviewing the privacy notice of any external website.
Greenheart takes precautions to secure Personal Information and employs secure server software encryption on our websites. However, we cannot guarantee complete security of information transmitted to us or through our websites.
Retention of Personal Information
Greenheart International retains data for as long as necessary for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or as required by law.
For children aged 14-16, Greenheart International takes additional steps to protect their Personal Information, as we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children aged 13 or younger. These steps include:
- Notifying parents about our privacy practices and the types of Personal Information we may collect
- Obtaining parental consent for the collection of Personal Information
- Collecting and storing only necessary Personal Information
- Providing parents with the right to access their children’s Personal Information
Unauthorized use of the marks Greenheart, Greenheart Heart Logo, and Sobresmesa is prohibited, as these are either registered or unregistered trademarks of Greenheart International. All rights reserved.
Specific jurisdictions may grant their residents certain rights regarding Personal Information. These rights may include access to data, obtaining a copy of Personal Information, erasure requests, correction of inaccurate information, restriction of processing, or withdrawal of consent. Individual rights depend on residency and citizenship. For more information, to raise concerns or complaints, or to exercise your individual rights, please contact us using the information below.
Data Protection Officer
By mail: 742 N LaSalle Dr. Chicago, IL 60654 Suite 300, USA
By email: click here
By phone: +1 312-944-2544
You can also opt-out of further correspondence by using the provided link in our marketing emails and newsletters.